As a chiropractor in the Virginia Beach area, I often give lectures in the community and to employee groups about ways to enhance energy. My main topic? When you have more energy, you feel better and are in a better position to be more productive and enjoy your life away from the job.
You Win – But So Does Your Company
Employers love these lectures because when people take what I say to heart, companies benefit too. As you know, companies want their workers to perform at high energy levels so they get more done and are more efficient, which improves productivity. Workers who take better care of themselves tend to call in sick less, which makes it easier to plan the workflow when supervisors can rely on a full crew. Workers also tend to have fewer workman’s comp claims.
Three Changes For Great Results
Making three simple changes to your diet will make you feel more energetic. You don’t even need to ask your medical doctor or chiropractor if it’s okay to make these lifestyle changes.
Eat in proportion of one protein to one carbohydrate at every meal to prevent your blood sugar from dropping. This means eating a smaller portion size, having a protein, and cutting back to one carbohydrate per meal. A few years ago, an overweight guy named Jared used this model and became the spokesperson for Subway because he ate a sub for lunch and dinner and lost weight. Why this doesn’t work for most people is that they add chips, a soft drink, and a cookie to their order. Within a short time, they feel sleepy, crabby, and unfocused as a result of having four carbohydrates rather than one at their meal. Plus, they gain weight.
Transition from soft drinks to water – and drink lots of it. The sugar in regular soft drinks and the chemicals in diet drinks are harmful. Ideally, you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water to keep up your oxygen level. If you follow this simple formula, if you weigh 200 pounds, this means you drink 100 ounces of water per day.
Add nutritional supplements to your diet. Vitamins allow the body to work better, like when you put high-octane fuel in your car – yet only 40% of people take them. You should take a high quality vitamin that absorbs in your body and is complete. A recent book called A Comparative Analysis of Vitamins and Minerals rates vitamins on certain criteria and found that common brands such as OneADay or Centrum only received ratings of 5.1% and 5.2% as compared to a vitamin from GNC which has 46% rating. So it is worth it to take a good quality vitamin that might cost a dollar a day.
Wondering if your vitamin is efficient? Stop taking them, and within three days, you will notice a change in your energy, digestion, and productivity.
By incorporating these three simple steps into your diet, you can have more energy during your workday and have more energy to enjoy life.
Need help changing your habits? Make an appointment today with Virginia Beach chiropractor Dr. James Maggio to learn how easy it is to become a more productive, happier you.
Low energy is related to light dark cycles.
. When treating people with Muscular skeletal problems (i.e.: muscle and joint pain) we always have to look at how they are feeling emotionally. Although stress does not cause muscular skeletal problems or aches and pains in your body it can definitely aggravate it.
A lot of people have challenges in the winter time because they are not getting as much sun and rejuvenating themselves as they normally would. Here are some simple tips that you can do to help deal with anxiety, depression and stress better during the long winter months.
Reduce or eliminate sugar – sugar rewires your brain skewing serotonin levels which are necessary for a balance mood.
- Cut back on caffeine– every cup of coffee can deplete your serotonin for up to 10 hours that means if you drink coffee during the day you will probably not get a good night sleep.
- Eat more root vegetables– snack on carrots sweet potatoes in your meal, root vegetables have been shown to help improve your mood.
- Eat foods rich in Omega 3 and essential fatty acids they will boost your serotonin levels.
- Get more rest– the impact of anxiety and depression can make you go beyond a bad mood it can affect your choices and sleep habits. Broken or insufficient sleep will keep you from producing adequate amounts of essential neurotransmissions which will cause extra anxiety.
- Eat breakfast– skipping breakfast can have detrimental effects on blood sugar which leads to magnifications of stress.
- Exercise– a 10 minute walk can alter your mood for up to 6 hours.
- Take sunshine breaks enjoy getting out when the sun comes out the great way to boost your energy levels
- Plan ahead having your day planned out will defiantly help with stress.
Take these tips in account when you are dealing with aches and pains like headaches and back pain.
For more information please feel free to check out this link.