Hurricane Joaquin will be visiting Hampton Roads. As I write this “Blog”, land fall is undetermined. The Latest news report shows a 80% chance that Hampton Roads will be spared. A 20% chance that Hampton Roads will be hit. Obviously it is way to earlier to tell what will occur. As I listen to the local “Chatter”, I think about how this effects my patients. Their lives will be effected no matter what occurs with the Hurricane Joaquin .
The first has already occurred. The dreaded stress has landed. even though the storm is still 4 days away, people are already scrambling. Some patients have jobs that are directly related to storms. emergency services, school boards have to start making their plans. This is in addition to their normal responsibilities. That means stress will set in. If you are one of my patients whose mind has been working over time due to Hurricane Joaquin take some steps to relax. There are many ways to relax. Relaxing music following a hectic day can be beneficial. for those of you who have hot tube, fire them up. You can try a dinner at your favorite restaurant. You can watch a movie that you really enjoy.
The other concern of Hurricane Joaquin is the prep work. High winds can make a mess of your yard. Some will be trimming potentially problem trees and limbs. stretching and bending and lifting in ways you are not used to can aggravate your neck and back. If you are being treated for a neck or back issue, take steps to avoid further injury. You can stretch to warm up before physical activity. After physical labor remember to ice. You can also utilize our new non drug natural essential element muscle relaxer cream. be careful when moving your patio furniture to secure it. some of those outdoor tables can be heavy. Hopefully the storm will not be too bad. Have a safe day.
Leave A Comment